Are you passionate about making a positive impact via social media? Do you love design work and writing digital content? Would you like to be a part of a Mission for positive change and making a difference to empower vulnerable women and children in South Asia?
Mukti Australia is looking for someone to be part of a team who is passionate to transform the lives of disadvantaged women and children and help lift them out of poverty.
Mukti Australia is a Christian international aid and development organisation with partners in India and Sri Lanka. Our vision is to bring hope and a brighter future to marginalised women and children in these countries. We do this through four main pillars: education, training & empowerment, health, and holistic care (www.mukti.org.au).
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The successful applicant will play an important role in the development of and be responsible for marketing and communication strategies and initiatives for Mukti Australia. You will be instrumental in promoting Mukti Australia and keeping our supporters and donors engaged. We are looking for someone who can work independently and is passionate about using their marketing and communications skills to contribute to making a difference in the lives of and empowering vulnerable women and children in impoverished communities. The responsibilities include:
- Developing and overseeing our marketing and communications strategies and plans
- Managing and coordinating the communications, marketing, publications, and marketing digital content, including website, social media channels and workplace digital platforms
- Rolling out marketing initiatives and appeals, events and campaigns, including the planning for and preparation of materials and collateral to support the marketing activities. This includes working collaboratively with both the Mukti Australia team and our business partners to execute marketing materials and publications.
Position is for 37.5 hours per 2 weeks (days negotiable).
- Highly committed to the values, mission and vision of Mukti Australia
- Have a tertiary qualification in communications, marketing, media, visual communication, digital marketing or a related field
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role or in graphic design, marketing and communications, digital communications and are comfortable managing a wide range of social media platforms
- Demonstrable expertise in design, branding and messaging, with basic graphic design skills
- Experience in Mailchimp, Indesign, Canva, WordPress, or similar applications
- Have a strong work ethic and time management skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can take on a number of different tasks at the one time
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong storytelling ability
- You display cultural awareness and confidence in liaising with overseas partners
- You have excellent design and editing skills for brochures and publications, particularly using Adobe InDesign
- You are experienced and competent with Word Press, uploading appeals and other information as required to our website
- You are competent with Microsoft, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point and Excel
- Experience in a similar role – we’re really looking for someone to hit the ground running and has some experience behind them.
Position Description available on request. Early applications are encouraged.
If you are enjoy working with a team to contribute to making a difference and making an impact, send your CV and a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mukti Australia Inc
03 9890 0211