Are you passionate about making a lasting difference for vulnerable women and children in South Asia?
Do you thrive on being organised, have strong initiative and love interacting with people, and would like to use these skills to make a difference in the lives of impoverished communities?
We are looking for someone to be part of a team who is passionate to transform the lives of disadvantaged women and children and help lift them out of poverty.
Mukti Australia is a Christian international aid and development organisation with partners in India and Sri Lanka. Our vision is to bring hope and a brighter future to marginalised women and children in these countries. We do this through four main pillars: education, training & empowerment, health, and holistic care (www.mukti.org.au).
We are looking for someone who can work independently, have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and are great at building relationships. The responsibilities include:
- being the “go-to” person in supporting the office and our off-site team, supporting regular office operations and management to ensure workplace is operating effectively
- act as the first point of contact for callers and visitors to the office
- coordinate volunteers, including promoting, recruiting, screening, inducting, and organising volunteers
- managing calls, engaging and liaison with donor/supporters/partners
- assisting the Business Manager with projects and ad hoc work, continuous improvement of systems, processes & procedures.
Position is for 37.5 hours per week (permanent full time).
- Highly committed to the values, mission and vision of Mukti Australia
- Strong organisation and administration skills, accuracy, and attention to detail – you thrive on supporting people and have the eye to pick things up
- Competent with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Publisher and Mailchimp
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Excellent written skills
- Exceptional communication, phone manners and interpersonal skills
- Remarkable attitude with a friendly and professional demeanour, in particular liaison with supporters, donors, volunteers and partners – you enjoy interaction with others!
- Self-driven, strong initiative and work proactively to get the job done – you love ticking things off your list and making stuff happen
- An Australian Citizen or have permanent residency status, and you live in the Melbourne area
- Experience in a similar role – we’re really looking for someone to hit the ground running and has some experience behind them
- Experience in dTracker, Infoodle or other similar customer relationship management (CRM) software would be added advantage.
Position Description available on request. Early applications are encouraged.
If you enjoy working with a team to contribute to making a difference, send your CV and a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mukti Australia Inc
03 9890 0211